Sanctuary, Civility + Aloha / How will we respond as educators?
WHEN : Thursday, September 14 / 3:30 - 5:30 PM
WHERE : Richardson School of Law, Classroom 2
For more information / UHIP@hawaii.edu
The Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution and the William S. Richardson School of Law will celebrate the International Day of Peace and Constitution Day with a talk and panel discussion that consider Hawai’i’s commitment to the protection of the environment and our civil liberties.
Opening Remarks: Mari Matsuda, Professor, William S. Richardson School of Law
Keynote Speaker: Justice Sabrina S. McKenna, Supreme Court of the State of Hawai‘i
Panel Discussion: Developing social justice action plans
Presentation: Borjana Lubura, UHM Doctoral Student / European Migration Crises in Serbia
Discussion: Needed Solutions and Policies / Panelists:
- Tamara Albertini, Professor, Philosophy and Islamic Studies
- Ibrahim Aoude, Professor, Ethnic Studies and Middle East Studies
- Jon Osorio, Dean, Kamakakūokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies
- Konrad Ng, Executive Director, Shangri La
- Hakim Ouansafi, President, Muslim Association of Hawai’i
Moderator: Clare Hanusz, Attorney, Aloha Immigration