READINGS : (20 pages)
1- out of the woods, On Climate / Borders / Survival / Care / Struggle (http://www.basepublication.org/?p=474)
2- Beautiful Trouble (download)
- principle: think narratively (p. 186-187)
- turn the tables (p. 190-191)
HOMEWORK : a demand for the j20+ manifesto
Questions raised from Aug 22 Book Club...
- What does a global commons look like specifically? What would a manifesto of such outline?
- What are the potential lines of power when we think of a global identity instead of a national identity?
- What can we take from Klein? Specifically I am conflicted about how to reconcile the need to leap forward rather than move incrementally
- Should we make a list of demands (per Nandita) and not settle a focus for J20+? And who or what are we demanding this of?
- What is the power chain and where can we find our power in it?
- Don't people need boundaries to have some semblance of order as they exist in the world?
- Nonpartisan question campaigns (tag the streets with moral questions):
What type of work is worth more and why?
What work is worth less and why? etc