- Esma Arslan (UHM Alum)
- Matteo Caballeros (ACLU)
- Kathy Ferguson (Department of Political Science)
- Eric Gill (UNITED HERE Local 5)
- Prentis Hemphill (Black Lives Matter)
- Linda Krieger (William S. Richardson School of Law + the Hawaiʻi Civil Rights Commission)
- Cu Ri Lee (UH Office for Institutional Equity + AF3IRM Hawaiʻi)
- Jonathan Osorio (Kamakakūokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies)
- Mykie Ozoa (UH Office for Institutional Equity & AF3IRM Hawaiʻi)
- Benton Rodden (Graduate Student Organization & LaborFest Hawai‘i)
- Apenisa Saulekaleka (Aloha DREAM Team)
- Nandita Sharma (Department of Sociology)
+ songs, noises + more...
Inaugurate Resistance: Organize•Educate•Act
Friday, January 20 / 12 - 2:30pm
UH MANOA Campus Center Courtyard
FREE + OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Join Hawaiʻi J20 for a mass teach-in on the impact of the Trump administration.
As members of an educational community committed to diversity, inclusion, free speech, and rigorous intellectual inquiry, we are educating, organizing, and protesting in recognition of the fact that this inauguration is not business as usual. The teach-in will address the impact of the Trump administration on issues important to our communities, including fascism; science denial; racism; Islamophobia; misogyny; LGBTQI rights; the economy; civil liberties; and more. Talks will be delivered by speakers from campus and the community.
On the morning of January 20, there will be workshops and other educational opportunities throughout campus. Following the teach-in, we will march together to Waikīkī.