HERETOSTAY Alert: DACA
What to know about your DACA in less than 2 minutes
TEXT HERETOSTAY TO 877877 TO RECEIVE ALERTS AS THE SITUATION DEVELOPS
1. Republicans are coming after DACA
Today Congressman Gutierrez met with Secretary John Kelly of the Department of Homeland Security, and alerted people with DACA and those who benefit from it to prepare for the worst.
We know that Donald Trump has gone back and forth on his own commitment to protecting DACA and immigrant youth.
Just a week ago, the Attorney General of Texas along with 9 other states issued a letter to the Trump administration to end the program by September 5th or be sued.
2. DACA is still in place.
Trump has not ended the program, and if you have DACA, we encourage you to renew, if you’re up for renewal. If you are a first time applicant, we strongly recommend you don’t apply.
3. If you are traveling abroad on advance parole with your DACA — we are not kidding, come back ASAP!
4. If you have any specific questions about your case, including questions about homeownership, driver’s licenses or tuition, speak to a lawyer (NOT A NOTARIO) as soon as you can. Go to adminrelief.org to find affordable and trustworthy access to legal advice.
5. Keep a copy of your DACA work permit in your wallet — at all times. Take care of your documents, they are the fastest way to prove that you have been granted DACA.
If you’re ready to take action now:
- Sign the petition to demand Members of Congress and Attorneys General Publicly Support DACA
- Sign the petition to demand Governors publicly support DACA
- Start your own campaign to target your local Member of Congress and your Attorney General
If you’re an ally, sign up here