Your Voices are Needed!!
HEALTH CARE FOR ALL is more efficient, less expensive, and covers everyone. There is a hearing on Bill HB1717, which purpose is to investigate strategies for addressing the rising costs of health care by directing the Legislative Reference Bureau to conduct a study on the projected costs and effects if Hawai‘i implemented a single-payer health care system. (MORE INFO https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2018/bills/HB1717_.HTM)
This is great ONLY if the study is done fairly. We need to ensure that the studies used are not conducted by private health insurers because they are the drivers of the health care cost explosion. Meaning... HB1717 should ONLY be supported if the studies used by the LRB are not conducted by private industries, and based on:
- its Bureaucratic efficiency.
- whether it covers EVERYONE.
- whether it relieves employers from Workers Compensation.
- whether it bundles prescription drugs via a multi-State model
- whether it compels for-profit hospitals to become non-profit.
- whether it compels regulated and transparent billings.
WHEN : Wednesday, January 24 at 10am
WHERE : State Capitol room 329
If you can't testify in person, go to https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/
- Go to https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/
- Click "Submit Testimony" + enter Bill number
- You have to be registered to submit an online testimony. If you are not, create an account at https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/login/register.aspx